Pages

Friday, 21 December 2012

I was waiting for the bus...

Waiting at the stop awaiting the bus home and as two buses approached, I signalled mine as it was about to pass by. Luckily there was nobody waiting for my bus and I almost laughed spitefully at all those people waiting to get on the number 7 whilst I could just hop on freely to the 7A. A woman stood at the back of the queue for the 7 moves over and cuts across to where her bus was due to stop and approaches me and she says, 'Excuse me are you in the queue for the bus?' I said, 'No, I was just signalling it.' She replies with, 'You can't just arrive here and expect to be infront of all the other people here.' Firstly, it was clear that I was not getting her bus and also I would have happily let queueing people go infront of me. This is all made richer by the fact that she had literally just jumped the queue herself. So I politely informed her that I was merely signalling the bus that I was getting and there was no queue for it. Instead of just letting me be she smugly says, 'The bus always stops here, there is no need to signal it.' Now at this point it was clear that she was looking for an argument and at this point I had had enough. I know she expected some sort of infuriated response but what she didn't expect was what I'd ramble at her next. I have to note that I didn't rant but continued to speak to her in the calm, collected and polite tone that I had attempted to apease her with previously. "People like you are the reason I hate most things in the world. Instead of just letting people go about their daily lives you feel the need to provoke people and create arguments. Firstly, you need to get your priorities straight, you're waiting for a bus, just like me, just like everyone else. Secondly, I've just watched you push to the front of this queue so not only are you a sad little instigator but you're also a sad little hypocrite. Thirdly, if something so little as this bothers you so much you should really revaluate your life. So please, don't waste my time like this again because frankly if this is how you choose to spend your time, I'd prefer it if you didn't waste mine. Have a nice day.' I don't know where that came from nor did I feel as though I could go on but by some divine miracle the 7A pulled up infront of me and opened its doors. I don't think I heard a single sound from the woman as I boarded and frankly I never looked back to see her face but the silence alone told me that she had got the message. I was in a relatively good mood but she probably felt like she'd picked the worst day to say something to me. Perhaps I was a little too mean...


No comments:

Post a Comment