Pages

Sunday, 16 December 2012

It's nearly Christmas...

Its funny how its 'nearly' Christmas. Its nine days away and it's 'nearly' Christmas. On a Monday, Friday feels like a life time away and thats only 5 days but no Christmas could not come soon enough. Every year I get excited. It's the build up to the holiday season which is the most exciting. The end result always ends up being a little underwhelming. That funnily enough is a metaphor for most things in my life and probably how many people would describe me *cough* I know, two posts in one day, I must be crazy. Anyway thought for the day, anyone find it strange how atheists celebrate Jesus's birthday? Everybody must have fucking loved Jesus. I mean, with his endless baskets of bread and his ability to cure any disease not to mention the fact he could walk on water. I guess nowadays I'd look at a guy that talented and think, 'Jesus, what a douche' although I probably wouldn't have used Jesus in that phrase for obvious reasons... Whether you believe that or not is all a matter of faith. I don't care what people believe in as long as they all have a personal reason to believe in it. I don't even care if that personal reason is relevant to me, I just want the person to have thought about it for themselves. We have the power to think for ourselves, why don't people use it? Why dont people ask themselves why they're here? Why don't people ask themselves if they really believe that there is or there isn't a God? Many people blindly follow their beliefs in the name of faith. The thing is faith for most people is being told Santa Clause exists and then holding on to that thought for the rest of their lives. My point is, how can so many theists and atheists think they know the answer when they've never really asked themselves the question?

Happy Birthday Santa!

No comments:

Post a Comment