Pages

Sunday, 16 December 2012

Good thing you remembered me asking for your opinion, because I certainly didnt...

Its been over 2 months since I did my entry and admittedly Im pretty annoyed at myself for that. I guess I'd probably blame it on Twitter for being for source for all things I wish to rant about and that said there hasn't been all that annoying me. However, that doesn't mean everything's been peachy. I've had this entry saved and just sitting there before I could think of things to add to it or to see if people actually cared. So I act like I have a lot of problems but of course its all trivial and it all has to do with people that I deem stupid. And believe me there are A LOT of stupid people (some people think I'm elitist because I look down on stupid people... pfft don't know where they get that idea). To me, being stupid has nothing to do with being intelligent. I know that sounds like a direct contradiction and you're probably thinking I'm stupid now but no seriously, I think intelligence is intelligence and I know plenty of intelligent stupid people. Thats because what many intelligent people have in brains they lack in common sense and actually being people-people. I guess I have no room to talk on being good with people. I can be extremely awkward and antisocial at times (not to mention my jokes are terrible... not) but there are some people who have no idea how to act towards people in a socially acceptable manner. I'd go on about this but the rest goes without saying and you can probably see why things like this get on my metaphorical tits. Im struggling to think of things to complain about at this point and I guess I should stop complaining (until I find something to complain about).

I guess most people have seen on the news, the horrific events that took place in Newton, Connecticut in which 26 innocent people lost their lives. I don't usually comment on events like this solely because I'm lost for words for how sick and twisted an individual would have to be to do something like this. What kind of life must someone have to live to do something like that? What makes is worse much of the response by the media. In early reports the media were quick to flag up the name of the (wrongly) accused before even revealing the names of the victims. It's not the fact that initially they got the name wrong but rather they actually cared who was responsible before taking in to consideration those who fell victim to his actions. Those who went about their daily lives only to have them taken away from them. Because of this sensationalism, he'll be remembered for what he did and frankly thats exactly what he would have wanted. Who'll remember the names of the victims? What's worse is that the media quickly jumps to compare this to other events, the Colorado theatre shooting earlier this year or even Virginia Tech nearly two decades ago almost as if one shooting is worse than the other. Frankly though, the media aren't entirely to blame for this. We are. Its sad to think that these are the things most people want to know. Admit it, immediately after you hear the news that 26 people have been killed, you want to know who's responsible. Those 26 people are a statistic and you'll remember that, and you'll remember the name of the killer but you'll never remember the names of the victims. It disheartens me because I know that to be true in me and everyone else.

Anyway, it's taken me a while to get that off my chest and I know its dead serious and usually I'm not serious yadda yadda yadda but believe me it took me a while to have any words to say at all. I feel sorry for anyone who takes me seriously frankly. I celebrated the day I poached my first egg (seriously though its so difficult Im sure I cried the first few times). Poaching an egg is the first step to bridging that gap between the working and middle class and believe me that transition with *word that means fabulous but isn't actually fabulous because fabulous is the worst word ever to be created* Who even created the word fabulous? The living effigy of a fucking fruit cake, thats who. Speaking of cake, 'moist' is a terrible word too. Don't ever use it. It has the ability to make anyone with any kind of working reproductive organ feel extremely uncomfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment